Thursday, March 19, 2009

Update on the sickies

Well, I would love to say we are all better, but unfortunately these infections just love us to much to leave just yet.

Grace: we took her back to the pediatrician this morning, as she was still having alot of ear pain, waking up every 2-3 hours and having a hard time keeping her fever down. Tricky situation is the antibiotic that helps the most with the pneumonia, doesn't do that great at clearing up the ear infections. The pediatrician was hoping that the ear drops and 1st antibiotic would do the trick, but in her case, not this time. So, he added her on another antibiotic to hopefully knock out the ears as well. The reason he didn't add it on the first visit is having her on two antibiotics at once, causes her body to fight off the good bacteria which could cause her to have problems balancing her yeast. The key now is to try and get her to eat lots of yogurt and stay hydrated. I am praying that this round will do the trick. I am beginning to have to write down all of the medications and when they are given as Grace is on 8 different things right now and I am on 4.

Laura- I am beginning to feel better. I still have some tightness in my chest, congestion and fatigue. However, I can breath alot easier and haven't had any more fever. My biggest obstacle right now is the steroid I am on is keeping me awake all night.

Ryan-he came home from work early yesterday with a fever and sore throat. He rested throughout the day and seems to be feeling much better today. He is so good at fighting off colds. I don't think I have ever seen the boy really sick. I hope I haven't spoken to soon.

P.S. Dad, I remember when I had that horrible ear infection and was in so much pain. You called the pharmacist and drove to get me a prescription in the middle of the night (one perk of growing up in a small town). Mom, I remember you just holding me and rocking me and always making us feel so much better. Sometimes it is hard to believe I am not that little girl anymore and I am now doing those things for my daughter.

Thank you everyone for all your emails, calls and prayers. Sara Beth, Gracie and I loved your message, thank you so much. I'm sorry Aunt La La didn't have much of a voice to call you back.

So I want to hear from everyone. What are some of your memories of being sick and/or special things your parents did for you, or maybe treats you only got when you were sick?

3 comments:

mina said...

Sorry to hear the sickies haven't left your house yet. It is so difficult when the babies are sick. I hope you all feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Oh Laura, I am so sorry to hear about all of you being sick! I will be praying for you and I hope you all three feel better SOON!!

Anonymous said...

La la & grace, I'm typing this message from my bed and this is day 3 of being in it, so I feel your pain in this being sick! Spent 4 hours at the dr office on Monday & they said it is the flu! :(. High fever makes me feel like I've been run over or maybe the worst I've ever felt. Anyway, enough of my complaining, and I sure do hope you start feeling better soon! Sure do wish that grandma could fix us some chicken & dumplings... I mentioned that to brad & he said he didn't know where to go pick up any of those! Love and miss you! Aunt beth