Monday, December 15, 2008

Monday Update

I have started this post a few times but never seemed to be able to finish it. Thank goodness for being able to save drafts. Grace seemed to feel relief from the pain today. We have a pattern now of Tylenol with codeine in between the tordal and morphine to keep her from hitting that point of the medicines wearing off. She actually requested to go on a few walks down to the playroom today and has been sitting up most of the day. Her chest tubes are still draining so they will remain in place a few more days. We are still not able to wean her off the oxygen yet. We were off for 4 hours today, but had to put her back on it. The surgeons would like her to stay above 85 and she likes to hang out around 82 or so. The respiratory therapists think that once the chest tubes are removed that she will be able to take deeper breaths. She is afraid to cough or take deep breaths right now due to the pain. She still doesn't have much of an appetite, but we are seeing a small improvement each day. Chicken noodle soup with a straw seems to be the winning meal for now. I apologize for the lack of pictures. There aren't any computers that we have found here that will allow us to upload pictures. I will try and upload some just as soon as I get access to one that will. Oh and we have a huge praise, Grace's smile and giggles have returned. They may only come every now and then, but we are so thankful to see that side of her. Well,I have a little girl peeping through the bars in her bed looking at me so I better go and get her to bed. Good Night!

4 comments:

mina said...

So happy to hear Grace's pain is less. Hopefully the chest tubes will come out soon too. Enjoy the giggles when you can!

LeighAnne Gregory said...

Girl don't you worry about those pictures. Reading your words are plenty. I am so thankful that she is improving. I will continue to keep your precious family in my prayers

Tami said...

As always, we are glad to hear that things are getting better each day!! Know that you three are always in our thoughts and prayers!! Love You All!!

Anonymous said...

Laura, I can see your smile when you wrote this. I am so happy for you all.

Amanda Handley